top of page

Wakacje 2023

logo By the sea lodges.png


Below is a short list of local attraction that can be visited during your stay at

By the Sea Lodges.


Beach where "locals" go

Right, if you want to avoid the crowded beach, squeeze and noise go there.

This is a place where we local go during the summer. It's only a short distance, there is a free car park and if you go by bike it won't take long.

Here is a short instruction, if you go by car park here or here, then just cross the road, watch the traffic and its about 10min walk to get here.


Wondrfull atraction for families. Especially when weather is not the best. Nice exhibition of dinosaurus and animal safari. There is also huge playground for kids. Definitely worth to visit.

Kamień Pomorski Town

Kamień Pomorski ([ˈkamʲɛɲ pɔˈmɔrskʲi]German: Cammin or KamminKashubian: Kamién) is a town in the West Pomeranian Voivodeship of north-western Poland, on the Baltic coast. It is the seat of an urban-rural gmina (administrative district) in Kamień County which lies approximately 63 km to the north of the regional capital Szczecin. It is the second seat of the Archdiocese of Szczecin-Kamień and a deanery of Kamień.

Park of Miniature Lighthouses


Outdoor park featuring a miniature model railroad set amid a landscape & replica Polish lighthouses.

Viking Village Wolin


Festival of Slavs and Vikings - a cyclical outdoor event in the form of experimental archeology. It takes place every year on the first weekend of August on the island of Wolińska Kępa in Wolin.

The Viking Festival is probably the largest event of its kind in this part of Europe. In 2008, more than 1,500 participants: warriors, craftsmen, performers of ancient rituals and music groups from 21 countries - not only Europe - presented historical aspects of life to Viking and Slavs, and the village of Viking visited 37,000 tourists. The event is also an opportunity to meet the fascinates of the Baltic cultures of the early Middle Ages

Wolin National Park and European Bison Reserve

Wolin, Międzyzdroje

Wolin National Park (Polish: Woliński Park Narodowy) is one of 23 National Parks in Poland, situated on the island of Wolin in the far north-west of the country, in West Pomeranian Voivodeship. It was established on 3 March 1960 and covers an area of 109.37 square kilometres (42.23 sq mi). The Park has its headquarters in the town of Misdroy.

The Park contains a varied flora and fauna. Its attractions include the sea cliffs of Gosań and Kawcza Góra, and a wisent(European bison) sanctuary.

NIechorze Lighthouse


The lighthouse in Niechorze is located at the edge of a steep cliff, with a height of 20 metres. The lighthouse's base is a 13 metre high square-shaped building, on both sides of the tower. The light glare from the lighthouse can be seen 36 km away due to the 1000w light bulb which is enhanced by 20 prismal crystals. The lighthouse in Niechorze was commissioned by the German Ministry of Shipping in 1863 and started operating on December 1, 1866. Although the lighthouse did not suffer any war damage in World War II, after the liberation of Poland - 8 mines left by the Germans were discovered, and safely removed without detonation.[3] After the end of the Second World War there was a considerable delay re-starting the lighthouse, it was not until December 18, 1948 when the lighthouse was finally operational - this was due to the erosion of the cliff which the lighthouse was located close to; the authorities secured the cliff by putting large boulders and rock armour (500 metres of heavy concrete) to secure the cliff and provide a stable ground for the lighthouse. Currently the lighthouse is open to tourists, with a viewpoint - nearby the lighthouse there is a miniature park of all Polish lighthouses, a popular attraction for families and enthusiasts.

Ruins of Trzęsacz Church


The Church in Trzęsacz refers to a series of three churches built in TrzęsaczPoland. The first, constructed of wood, was reportedly built in 1124; the second one, made of bricks, around 1270; and finally the third one, sometime in the late 14th or early 15th century. At that time, it was located almost two kilometers from the sea (according to many sources, 1800 meters). Furthermore, north of Trzęsacz there was another village, which had completely been taken over by water. Originally, the church was Roman Catholic, but in the early 16th century, after the Reformation, it became Protestant. According to some chronicles, it was the third Christian temple in Pomerania.

Over time, the process of abrasion (more generally known as erosion) caused the land surrounding the church to recede at the expense of the Baltic Sea. Year by year, water would come closer; in 1750 the sea was as close as 58 meters, in 1771 parts of the cemetery were swallowed, and 1820 the distance shrank to 13 meters. Finally, on August 2, 1874, the last service took place in the temple. Afterwards, all furnishings were transported to the cathedral in Kamień Pomorski, with the exception of the triptych, which is now kept in a church in Rewal. By 1885 the temple stood over a chasm and, with permission of the Prussian government, it was deprived of the roof and left abandoned.

On the night of April 8–9, 1901 the most vulnerable, northern wall of the church collapsed. During the following years, part by part, most of the construction was swallowed by the sea, which mercilessly moves south, taking away the land. The last drop took place on February 1, 1994, when part of the southern wall collapsed.

According to scientists, since the turn of the 19th century the sea has taken around 40 centimeters of land a year. Over time, local governments – both Prussian and (after 1945) Polish – tried to save the temple with fascine and concrete blocks, but all attempts were unsuccessful. Currently, intensive works are taking place to save the ruin, as this is the only one of its kind in Europe. One of the projects stated that the last remains of the wall should be moved southwards, further away from the sea, but the risk of complete collapse of the ruin was too high.

Cathedral in Kamień Pomorski

Kamień Pomorski

On the banks of the Kamień Lagoon, which separates the Island of Wolin from the mainland, lies one of the oldest towns in Western Pomerania. It takes its name (Kamień or Camin, meaning ‘stone’) from the huge boulder which lies at the bottom of the River Dziwna and serves as a landmark for sailors. In the 9th-11th centuries Kamień Pomorski was a Slavic stronghold, whose population was converted to Christianity in 1124 by Bishop Otto of Bamberg. After Wolin had been destroyed by Danish invasions, the seat of the bishopric was transferred in 1176 to Kamień, which had developed into a dynamic settlement during the 12th century, becoming for a time the political centre and capital of the Duchy of Pomerania. This was made possible by the generosity of Duke Kazimierz I, who endowed the bishopric with land and financed the construction of a cathedral and its precinct buildings. The episcopal settlement (c. 2.80 hectares) was located between the stronghold and the market square, near the Church of St Giles, founded at the time of the Christianising mission. In 1274 the early medieval settlement of Kamień was granted civic rights; this led to the creation of a new town plan with divisions into districts and streets, the whole urban unit being enclosed by defensive walls which separated the city from the cathedral settlement. In the late 12th century, canon’s residences of traditional timber-frame construction began to be built around the cathedral. In the 15th century the bishop’s manor and the deacon’s house were built in brick. In the first half of the 16th century Lutheranism prevailed in Pomerania. In 1544-1648 the site served as the seat of the Lutheran bishops, and later, up to 1812, as the Lutheran Chapter.

Głaz królewski - Royal Stone

Wyspa Chrząszczewska - Buniewice

Royal Stone (also Royal Stone) - granite boulder, known thanks to legends associated with it and its large size - height of about 4 meters, circumference of about 20 meters. Formerly, the size of the boulder was three times larger, however, in the nineteenth century, intensive building material was obtained from it. The stone is located in the waters of the Kamieński Reservoir, not far from the northern shore of the Chrząszczewska Island. The stone was brought to Poland from eastern Sweden by a continental glacier.


According to legend, after mastering Pomerania in 1121, King Bolesław Krzywousty accepted the parade of sailors while standing at the Royal Glae. The name of the nearby town, Kamień Pomorski, probably also comes from the stone.

Other legends relate to the creation of a stone - according to one of them, when a huge toad wreaked havoc in the waters of the lagoon, the god Trzygłów after hearing the prayers dropped a thunderbolt on it, turning it into stone. The second legend explaining the origin of the boulder speaks of a devil banished from a nearby town who promised to find a giant partner if he destroyed this castle. The suspicious giant, however, wanted to see his partner first. In fact, an ideal candidate emerged from the water, but the moment he crowed the hens, it turned out that in the waters of the lagoon instead of a partner for the giant, there was a cunning devil. An angry nervous man threw a huge boulder at him. He, wanting to escape, turned into a frog, but he did not make it and the stone overwhelmed him, and he still has bonds.


Głaz Królewski (także Kamień Królewski) – głaz narzutowy z granitu, znany dzięki legendom z nim związanym oraz swych dużych rozmiarów - wysokość ok. 4 metry, obwód ok. 20 metrów. Dawniej rozmiary głazu były trzykrotnie większe, jednak w XIX wieku intensywnie pozyskiwano z niego materiał budowlany. Głaz znajduje się w wodach Zalewu Kamieńskiego, niedaleko północnego brzegu Wyspy Chrząszczewskiej. Kamień został przyniesiony do Polski ze wschodniej Szwecji przez lądolód.


Według legendy, po opanowaniu Pomorza w 1121 roku, Bolesław Krzywousty przyjmował defiladę żeglarzy stojąc właśnie na Królewskim Głazie. Od kamienia pochodzi także prawdopodobnie nazwa pobliskiej miejscowości, Kamienia Pomorskiego.

Inne legendy dotyczą samego powstania kamienia - według jednej z nich, gdy ogromna ropucha siała spustoszenie w wodach zalewu, bóg Trzygłów po wysłuchaniu modlitw spuścił na nią piorun zamieniając ją w kamień. Druga legenda wyjaśniająca pochodzenie głazu mówi o czarcie wygnanym z pobliskiego grodu, który obiecał znaleźć pewnemu olbrzymowi partnerkę, jeśli ten zniszczy ów gród. Podejrzliwy olbrzym chciał jednak najpierw zobaczyć partnerkę. Faktycznie, z wody wyłoniła się idealna kandydatka, jednak w momencie gdy zapiał kur, okazało się że w wodach zalewu zamiast partnerki dla olbrzyma stoi podstępny czart. Zdenerwowany olbrzym cisnął w niego ogromnym głazem. Ten chcąc uciec zamienił się w żabę, jednak nie zdążył i kamień przygniótł go, i więzi do dziś.

1 / 1

Please reload

bottom of page